BPTW Coronavirus Update 9.9.20
A Message from Berryville Physical Therapy and Wellness Regarding Coronavirus, September 9, 2020:
We thank you for the trust you place in us as one of your healthcare providers and we want you to know what we have been doing to assure that we can continue to deliver care safely and effectively. Our staff has been educated using validated resources such as the World Health Organization (WHO), Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA), Centers for Disease Control (CDC), and the Virginia Department of Health.
We are continually evaluating our ability to continue to provide services without increasing exposure risks to our community.
- As part of this process, we are asking each patient to answer a group of questions prior to their appointment.
- We also ask that you cancel your appointment if you have had a fever in the past 14 days, or if you know you have been exposed to someone who has been sick in the past 14 days. These include symptoms of fever, cough, or shortness of breath.
- Our staff goes through the same screening as our patients regarding the questionnaire and are instructed to stay home if they experience symptoms or know of exposure to someone with symptoms.
- We have intensified our housekeeping and infection control procedures to assure that we disinfect surfaces and handled objects with each use.
- We are guiding patients and staff through hand hygiene protocols.
- We are advising caregivers in the waiting room to walk outdoors or wait in their cars in order to minimize congestion in the waiting area.
- We are also permitting greater physical separation of patients in treatment areas and adapting the schedule to accommodate our immunologically compromised patients.
- We are also offering Telehealth visits as an option to prevent disruptions in your course of treatment.
We will consistently employ measures to minimize the spread of COVID-19 according to the CDC recommendations and will continually update protocols as recommended by the CDC and other credible authorities.
We take our role as healthcare providers very seriously and are committing to remain diligent, doing all we can to provide high quality care with your safety in mind.
Leslie Williams, PT, DPT
Berryville Physical Therapy and Wellness